My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. I have had endometriosis about 4 years ago and had it removed. Husband has low sperm count; haven't done ovulation tests;have sex about once a week; should we see a doctor?

Should you see a doctor?

Should you see a doctor? Well, it’s hard to say. You do need to start tracking your ovulation and timing intercourse. Fertility starts to decline around age 29, so the older you are, the less time you want to waste, especially if low sperm count is a significant factor and if your endo did tubal damage. With sperm and endo issues, making an appointment wouldn't be a bad idea. Most doctors are going to want to see three to six months of ovulation tracking, so I’d go buy a thermometer and get started!


The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her health professional. This information is solely for informational and educational purposes. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Neither the owners or employees of nor the author(s) of site content take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading this site. Always speak with your primary health care provider before engaging in any form of self treatment. See our Legal Statement for more details.

Fertility Clinics Directory

Find a Fertility Clinic

If you or a loved one is suffering from infertility and needs help conceiving then we are here to offer help in any way we can. We have over 450 Fertility Clinics listed on our Directory. Click here to search for a Fertility Clinic that is right for you.